Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Denby and Sherwood

Yesterday we planned on going to the Denby pottery factory tour starting at 10:30, when we finished, we would eat lunch a go see some robin hood sites. We made it to the Factory just in time, but a class of daycare or something already booked a tour at that time, so we couldn't go. We reserved spots for us all at the next tour, which was at 1:00, ate lunch and looked at other stuff in the area to pass time. At 1:00, we came back for the tour. I thought the tour was pretty cool, it show you how their pottery is shaped, glazed and fired. Unlike most tours you actually get to go inside the factory where everything is made. After looking at the factory, we made frogs and painted plates.




Since we had to have a later tour, we didn't have much time for Robin Hood stuff. We went Sherwood forest tried out archery and saw the supposed meeting tree for Robin Hood and his gang. I thought the tree looked funny because it had metal poles to hold it up and cables to hold it together.

I will try to make up for what I have skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment