Yesterday we visited Carcassonne. Carcassonne is a fascinating medieval city restored in the 1800s. It is the largest fortified city in Europe. Carcassonne was very interesting. Old stone buildings surrounded us, and the walls were cool, too. We walked along the parapets of the outer wall and looked out the arrow slits. We also went into the church. The church was elaborate both inside and out, and the stained glass windows were stunning. We went into a few shops and I begged to buy a chain mail suit of armour, but it was 495€ and my parents didn't want me to have it. Matthew wanted a horn and he wasn't allowed, either. We didn't look inside the castle, but the outside looked cool. You can't really fully appreciate Carcassonne until you see for yourself, so I will post some pictures soon. Even so, I suggest you see it if you get the chance.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice,Anth! Sorry for being out of action for a while. Good to see you're having fun! Later!
ReplyDeleteDaniel.W
Hi Anth! Thanks for those cool pictures you sent me. Hope your well. Bye.
ReplyDeletePS. I got honer roll 3 times!
Daniel.W